Thursday, January 17, 2019

EGL Wardrobe Post Day 17!

Hi there! I'm still furiously kicking this challenge in the butt! I've never been great at blogging, as I'm mostly at a lost for how to word things or what to talk about. If you have any suggestions, please share them as I'm hoping to still occasionally post after the wardrobe challenge is over! Now on to the frilly things!


Day 17: Your Home-Made Collection (or indie brand!)


So in my baby-lita days, brand wasn't the easiest thing to access. My parents also thought anything over $25 for a dress was steep, so I wasn't able to buy much brand until sometime around the time I graduated High School. I used to sew pretty often however, and ended up making a lot of my dresses! I used to have more, but some I have since gotten rid of (including the super embarrassing ones).


This is the oldest piece I still have! It doesn't fit much of a petticoat unfortunately.


A simple blue underskirt. This was made to go under a bustle piece that I no longer have.


A high-waisted floral skirt. I have no idea why I put so much shirring in the wait, but at least it accommodates different sizing. 


This piece was a final project for a sewing class I took! The pleats were a new concept for me.


A sunflower border-print JSK.


A kitten and Valentine themed underbust JSK. If you couldn't tell, I was quite the fan of pintucks.

As a bonus, here's a couple photos from a photoshoot I did with my sunflower JSK, straight from a daily_lolita post I made in 2012!



Do you make any of your pieces by hand? Do you have an impressive collection of Indie brand? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment