Monday, January 11, 2016

365 Lifestyle Lolita Challenge- Day 11

Day 11 of the challenge is here!

Day 11: Learn how lace is made
This one is neat, because it focuses behind the scenes of lolita fashion. I've seen multiple tutorials on making lace using an embroidery machine, and have even tried making lace snowflakes on my own before, so I decided to look more into traditional lace making this time!


This video isn't a full tutorial on how to make traditional lace, but it gives you a pretty good idea on the subject. I think the amount of spools used to make it is crazy! I'd definitely get confused if I tried to pull it off myself. The background of the video also shows some of her finished work, and it all looks gorgeous. While it looks neat, I think I'll stick to machine-made lace myself, or go the super easy route and buy some lovely venice lace next time I have a project, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment